February has come and gone, which means so has #NoShopFeb. In case you have no idea what I’m talking about, give this diddy a little read. The premise is simple, I gave up buying clothing, beauty and home goods items for the entire month. This isn’t the first time I’ve done a shopping ban; I typically do one month each year and my Senior year of college I did a shopping ban for the entire second semester.
Since I’ve done this before, I don’t have any grand learnings or discoveries from the experience. I already know I buy things I don’t need because I’m bored and I already know I own far more things than I actually need. I’m not going to say that I won’t buy anything else for another month, two more months or a year. In fact, I already bought a few new things this past weekend, aka only a few days after the end of #NoShopFeb.
Over the month of February I started making a shopping of list of gaps in my wardrobe. And no, none of those items are actual NEEDS because I already own plenty. On that list:
- a second shower cap so I can keep it in my travel toiletry bag (still need to get that from CVS)
- a cotton/linen white button up (got this one)
- neutral ankle-length neutral dress pants (ordered these and waiting for them to arrive — will report back)
- a couple of pairs of actual jeans instead of my normal cheap jeggings (got these and these)
- straight legged crop denim (still on the hunt)
- brown belt, black belt and leopard belt (got this in black and brown, still need to find a leopard belt)
- denim jacket (waiting on this to arrive)
- striped tops (got this and this)
- camisole tops (ordered these, these and these and waiting for them to arrive — will report back if any of them work)
I also got a couple of things that weren’t on the list:
- this black top
- this oversized sweater
- this floral dress (it will arrive this week, so I’ll report back on how it works)
- this cactus top
- some more of my favorite underwear
So there we go. A relatively uneventful shop-free month that wrapped up with a bit of a shopping outing. I am happy with my purchases and don’t see the need for anything else at the moment …. at least for now.