2017 has been one wild and absolutely bizarre ride. And while I’m not entirely sure it was the best year for the world as a whole, selfishly, it was a pretty decent year for my personal life. And what better way to wrap up 2017 than with a personal year in review?
To be as click-bait-y as possible, I’ve naturally selected 17 things to highlight. The majority are travel and Hanson-related, but there are some financial and health related highlights in there too. It was actually really fun to reflect on the year, I forgot how much I accomplished/experienced as some of these felt like they happened years ago. Oh how time flies … and other cliches.
My 17 Personal Highlights
- Jumping out of a perfectly good plane (aka skydiving)
- Relaxing in Barbados with my boo
- Meeting Hanson IN REAL LIFE and getting the photos to prove it
- Going to my first-ever Hanson concert (a childhood dream)
- Spending a week in Capri with my entire immediate family
- Traveling to Barcelona for work and staying to spend time with my sister-in-law, niece and coworker.
- Exploring Iceland with my college roommate
- Researching and investing in my first mutual fund
- Upping my retirement investments and contributing to the new Roth 401k my work offers (in addition to my already-existing traditional 401k)
- Completing (another) year of therapy
- Having one of my best friends (a different one than in #15) spend the weekend with me in Boston and experience #4 together
- Applying for a “reach” job at work (even though I didn’t get it)
- Road tripping to Newport with Agnes for a girls’ weekend
- Spending time with my brother in Los Angeles
- Having one of my best friends, her husband and first-born daughter visit all the way from Germany
- Spending time with my favorite NYC coworkers in person
- Celebrating our seven-year anniversary with my manpanion
Here’s to whatever 2018 brings!